The Journey Begins......

The Journey Begins......
Furness Family Picture Florida 2006

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Journey Begins

These are pictures sent to me last spring by a Care for Life volunteer. It shows some children being taught how to sew in one of the villages located outside Beira, Mozambique. Since I don't leave for Africa until next week, this is one of the few pictures I currently have from there. Once there, I hope to blog at least once a week, giving my family and friends an opportunity to enjoy this experience with me. Ladies from my church in Columbus, Georgia from three different wards (congregations) were kind enough to donate supplies and put together sewing kits much like the ones pictured here so that when I am there we will be able to teach more children from other villages how to make bookbags and develop basic sewing and mending skills. 500 kits have been completed and will be transported in our suitcases next week. Thank you, dear sisters, for your compassionate service and willingness to give!











No comments:

Post a Comment